HOTEL PLATANISTA POLICY AGAINST THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 ACCORDING TO THE APPLICABLE LAW
The SARS COV-2 virus is a new strain of coronavirus and causes a respiratory infection called COVID-19. It is transmitted mainly through respiratory droplets from coughing, sneezing, talking, contact with infected surfaces. Common symptoms include fever, dry cough and loss of strength. Less common are sore throat, arthralgias, myalgias, nasal congestion, loss of smell or taste, headaches, diarrhea. Shaking hands should be avoided and distances between us should be kept. We should also avoid putting our hands on the face, we should turn our head, when coughing, in the opposite direction from where people are and it is of paramount importance to wash our hands often.
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, we follow all the instructions and recommendations of the Greek government, the Ministry of Health and local health organizations and implement all the necessary hygiene, safety and sanitation measures to protect our visitors’ and staff’s health.
Due to the current conditions we have adapted our services based on the new health and safety requirements. We look forward to your understanding and support until this crisis is resolved.
All the staff of our hotel has been trained according to the new health rules for the prevention of COVID-19.
The person responsible for the implementation of the protocol is trained in the actions to be taken in case a visitor or staff member presents with COVID-19 symptom (s).
- Protective Plexiglas has been installed at the reception area as well as special floor marking to indicate the distance that must be kept between customers (2 metres). The reception staff is equipped with disposable gloves and follows the rules of personal hygiene.
- Disinfectant devices are available at the reception area.
- Departure time from the room is set at 11:00 and arrival time to the room is set at 15:00 in order that adequate time is allowed for the ventilation and disinfection of the rooms.
- Luggage is to be carried by the reception assistant up to room entrance only.
- For public health reasons, staff are required to record key customer details (name, nationality, date of birth, date of arrival / departure, address, telephone, email, Viber or Skype or WhatsApp or Messenger) so that tracking is possible on the occasion of a case.
- Keycards are disinfected before use.
- It is advised that bills are paid by credit/debit card and receipt(s) are sent electronically.
- It is strongly advised to avoid using the elevators with the exception of people sharing the same room.
Common areas & rooms
- Disinfection devices are available at the common areas.
- Air Conditioning (A/C) use is forbidden in the restaurant and the bar.
- In shared WC’s, customers are advised to flush with the lid closed.
- Rooms are cleaned and linen is changed twice a week, unless the customer wishes more often.
- Mini bars do not have products and will be used as refrigerators.
- Coffee and tea equipment have been removed, as well as all flyers, apart from the information leaflet in case of fire which is disinfected after every departure.
- Room staff always take personal protection measures.
- Linen is transported wrapped in bags to avoid any contamination.
- Following the customer’s departure, the room is disinfected or remains empty for 24 hours if there are available rooms left in the hotel.
Restaurants / Buffet / Bars / Tavern
- The hotel is HACCP – ISO-22000 certified and all hygiene procedures of making and placing foods are adhered to by the staff.
- Disinfection devices are available in all restaurants and bars.
- The staff uses gloves and masks and follows the rules of personal hygiene.
- The buffet is served only by the catering staff who take the appropriate personal protection measures (masks, gloves), while strict hygiene rules are followed and a distance of 2 metres between customers is maintained.
- The tables have been placed according to the distances described in the law and are set before the customer. After use, they are cleaned and disinfected. When needed, single-use products are used (sugar, salt, etc.).
- Stools have been moved away from the bar counters.
- A/C use is forbidden in the restaurant and the bar.
- The staff complies with the rules of personal hygiene.
- There is a disinfection device.
- Only two people are allowed in the tourist shop at the same time.
Entertainment / Amusement / Playground / Internet corner
- The customer entertainment programme will continue in compliance with the necessary protection measures. Close contact group games are prohibited.
- The playground is open at specific hours. There is frequent cleaning-disinfection.
- The internet corner (shared computers & printers) is closed. If you wish to print or scan a document, please ask the reception desk.
- Spa is operated by Aegeo Spas www.aegeospas.gr , the largest Greek hotel spa company, which follows all hygiene protocols in accordance with the law. There are a limited number of services.
- For further protection of our customers, the gym is closed.
Beach / Pools
- Pools operate according to the applicable legislation, the water is analysed twice a week and chlorine and PH are checked daily.
- The maximum number of swimmers in the swimming pools is one person per 5m2 and it is strongly recommended that customers take a shower before entering the swimming pool.
- The pool’s Hydro Massage is shut.
- The sun beds have been installed in accordance with the current legislation and at the same time a disinfection plan is implemented.
- There is systematic control over water quality in accordance with applicable law and circulars.
- The hotel has taken the necessary measures to prevent Legionnaires’ disease by both proper disinfection and systematic monitoring.
Suspect case management
- The hotel has taken all the necessary measures for the management of a suspected case, in accordance with the current legislation and the instructions of NPHO (National Public Health Organisation). In addition, there is cooperation with a doctor for the evaluation and management of any suspected case.
Based on the instructions we have received from the authorities on COVID-19 and following all the necessary hygiene, safety and cleanliness measures, we are able to respond to the difficult conditions we are going through and all together ensure the health of our visitors and staff.
The Hotel Manager